Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween


It's Halloween and I'm dressing up as a kitschy-cat. I'll admit that I'm a little too proud of my pun, but to be honest I'm even prouder that my homemade cardboard cat ears have withstood the morning.

But I'm actually terribly worried that my amazing cleverness will be completely lost on a culture that
a.) doesn't celebrate Halloween,
b.) doesn't know what "kitsch" means,
c.) does not take kindly to people wearing scary eye makeup.

If even one person today asks me if I'm supposed to be "Catwoman," I swear I'm going to burst into tears.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least you dressed up. I spent the day packing (and churning out my ridiculously long e-mail). They don't celebrate here either, but curse you for proving Halloween can still be done without the surroundings.
I've still got a few hours. I'll see if I can't scare something up.
~Ryan