Saturday, September 13, 2008

Milk bags and salty waffles.


I would like to take this opportunity to let you all know that I am sick. I welcome any and all expressions of pity and sympathy:

This, for instance, is a perfect example of a suitable "expression of pity and sympathy."

I skipped class yesterday in order to lie in bed and teach myself all there is to know about Algebra. I made some vegetable soup and drank several thousand cups of tea. I expect today will be exactly the same.

However. I want to share something wonderful with all of you, namely

MILK BAGS AND SALTY WAFFLES.


Actually the bag on the left is full of drinking yogurt which, by the way,
is way better than milk for granola.


Estonians put their dairy products in bags, which I think is fascinating. Canadians have been known to do this too, but Canadians don't put yogurt or sour cream or cottage cheese into bags, now do they? Hm? No. Didn't think so. Therefore Estonia is way more interesting than Canada, QED.

And now a word on snackfoods. SALTY WAFFLES. What??? It's like someone took a cake cone at Baskin Robbins fried it in potato chip oil. They squish a bit when you chew 'em. I saw the package at the grocery store and was overcome with curiosity. "Vahva vahvel" means "Fabulous waffle." They're something, all right, but I think fabulous is too strong a word. At least they're salty and go well with chamomile tea.

I also wanted to briefly showcase my engineering brilliance.

Yes, that is duct tape.

My gray clock is taped to the gray wall with gray tape. We're not allowed to make nail holes in the walls so it took some creativity to hang this little beauty, but I did it. ... And the tape almost blends in with the wall. .. Almost.

Anyway. I'm off to heat up some soup.
___

Estonian word of the day:

Kõdunema (KUH-doo-neh-ma): to decay. Õun kõduneb letil. [An apple is decaying on the countertop.]

No comments: